Sunday

The City at Dawn by nostalgicmiss

All things Twilight belong to Stephenie Meyer, a Huge thank you to Miztrezboo for filling in the blanks and giving me the idea and cravingtwilight for the last minute beta.

Happy Birthday Anna. You're Amazing! I hope you have a great day, and thank you for everything! you're an inspiration!!




The City at Dawn


Fuck. I hated cleaning up.

Beer. Half empty bottle. Wine glass. Ashtray over flowing. Another wine glass. Bottle of Grey Goose with just enough for a half a shot left.

Hmm. I shouldn't . . .

Ahh fuck it.

I slugged back the clear liquid enjoying the slight burn effect it had on my throat and coughed as it settled into my belly. Ah well, hair of the dog and all that. Not that I'd gone to sleep yet—no, but I could see the city skyline starting to lighten in the east and after my hour or four of passing out earlier in the night I figured it was closer to dawn than it was midnight. Drinking was still somewhat socially acceptable now wasn't it? Even if all your party guests had left and your asstard of a husband who promised that he would clean up after his friends was asleep down stairs half naked in the bathtub?

Fucking Edward.

He promised that if I said yes to this party that he would clean. He promised that if I said yes to this party that it would only be a few of his friends, not our entire building. He promised that sometime this weekend, and by this weekend I mean my birthday weekend, that we'd get some time alone together. That Saturday would be our day, and Sunday would be spent in bed with the paper and some Danishes and a whole lot of naked.

I knew it wouldn't end up that way. I should have known that his little party to celebrate me and our news wasn't going to be a small affair. Nothing Edward did was ever done by halves. It was all huge shows of affection, massive public displays of his love. All that gooey romantic shit that you can't help but adore and on the odd occasion just wish he'd calm down about. Five years, it wasn't that big of a mile stone. Why did we have to have a party over it? Why did we have to make a huge deal out of the fact we were now home owners in a leafier and more family friendly part of town? Why did he have to tell his parents that we would be trying for a baby as soon as we moved in?

Fucking Edward.

Cleaning on my birthday was just what I wanted to do too. Early hours of Sunday morning when I should be in a nice alcohol induced coma snuggled into Edward, just for the simple pleasure of kicking his ass out of bed to clean, so I wouldn't have to look at this shit when I finally got my ass out of bed. But no, here I was, alone, picking up others peoples shit like I always did after one of his parties.

I should really just go downstairs and turn the shower on and tell him to have the place fucking immaculate before I woke up. It was his friends that made the mess after all. My friends had at least tried to stay and help clean up, they'd even gone as far as to have me promise to get the drunk ass in the tub to get up and do it.

Maybe I should.

What good would that do? He would only get pissed off strip and climb into bed.

I walked towards one of the side tables by the sofa with the huge garbage bag I was holding; the surface wasn't even visible for beer bottles. The stench of sour beer and faint aroma of the cigarette smoke seemed to hang in the air. This wasn't even where most people had been dwelling and I hated to think what the balcony terrace looked like.

I started dropping the beer bottles into the bag, cringing as they clanged together making my head throb more than it already was. Accidentally knocking one off, I moved quickly to grab it stubbing my toe on the foot of the couch.

"God Damn son of a bitch," I growled to no one in particular as I dropped the bag and pulled my foot into my hands, balancing tenuously on one leg.

Fucking Edward indeed.

This was it, no more parties in the house. His empty promises just seemed to make me resent him the morning after. I think it would even be a little more forgivable had it not been my birthday.

The smell turned my stomach again and I knew I had to air the place out. I dropped my foot to the ground and moved toward the sliding door that would need to stay open for couple of hours to clear out the smell that had permeated our furniture.

Bad Idea.

I had expected it to be bad, but this. This was purgatory in midtown.

Furniture was overturned, the trash can I had put out for the bottles was over flowing, the rancid smell of the ashtrays seem to hang in the air because some asshole had poured beer into it making the smell radiate like a cesspit. Two of my plants had been knocked over and trampled; soil almost covering an entire corner had been strewn from one end to the other. It was disgusting.

To imagine I'd been excited about having a sizable terrace. It was just another aggravation to add to an already growing list. And he wanted kids?
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the absolute shit pit in front of me. It was my birthday. My fucking thirtieth birthday and here I am, cleaning up after a party I didn't want with a hangover I really didn't need.

All I had wanted this weekend was to lounge about in my pj's, watch a few movies, eat junk food and fuck Edward until we were too tired to move. We had planned to go out Saturday night. We had planned to just go down to this little restaurant we loved about a block from our house and have dinner. I was going to gorge myself on a full slice of their Chocolate Mousse Cake and not feel guilty about where it would end up on my thighs or stomach. Fuck it, I was thirty, married and I wasn't going to give a shit about treating my 'body as a temple' for one night. Sure, I'd make up for it later eating nothing but rabbit food for a week, but everyone needed a fatty night, and if you couldn't do it on your birthday - your thirtieth birthday no less - when could you?

All those fabulous plans of fatty night food and me abusing three of the seven sins - sloth, greed and lust – went to shit the moment we walked out the front door. We hadn't even walked four feet onto the footpath when a familiar and instantly grating on my nerve's tone interrupted our evening.
"Yo Eddie! Are we supposed to bring the keg upstairs now or later at the party?"

Party? I had thought, turning to both shoot death rays at my husband and my stupid brother-in-law alike. It was times like these I really did think Edward was right about being adopted, because there was no way he would have organized a party….

"You're fucking serious aren't you?" I had said, shock and annoyance filtering through my tone, as I gazed between the happy dimpled smile of one and the look of horror slowly dawning on the other.

Edward had stammered and stumbled over his words, the tips of his ears turning red as his tongue ring with that stupid apple shaped stud on the top ran from one side to the other of his stupid perfect kissable lips. Like any kid would really believe that because it was permanently in his mouth he'd never need to see a doctor - an apple a day keeps the doctor away my ass - and what dentist has a pierced tongue anyway?

His apologies and his offers of calling it all off if I really didn't want it fell on deaf ears. Like I could send all our friends - well at the time I had thought it was our friends not just his - away after they'd all be there within an hour? So we hadn't gone down to Angelo's for dinner. We had turned and walked back up the stairs, Emmett following quite happily like a puppy behind us and I'd set up our house ready for guests.

And when I say setup, it included me going through our cupboard for finger food, making sure all our breakables were out of the road and giving the apartment one more clean over before anyone arrived. What was Edward doing this whole time? Do you think he was helping me out by setting up a bin outside or putting on our outdoor fairy lights? Was he vacuuming the floor while I put the mini quiches in the oven? Was he even making sure the glasses were out for people to use?

No, dumbass was sitting on the lounge beside Emmett or bigger dumbass engaged in an epic Guitar Hero battle after doing what he considered enough to be helpful.

Apparently, his level of help was FAR different to mine. Pressing the button on the elevator and holding the door while Emmett brought the keg in.

It was times like these - as I was surrounded by filth, my head pounding and my mouth tasting like I'd licked every ashtray here even though I didn't smoke - that I truly wondered why the hell I had married Edward in the first place. I wanted to sit down on the out door banana lounge and just close my eyes and forget all about the crap that was currently around me. Yet as I looked over to where it usually sat, I cursed out loud because during the night some fucker had obviously put his foot through it. And it was definitely a he because I distinctly remember seeing Jasper and Emmett play fighting near it earlier in the night.

I dumped the bag outside the door and stepped around more crap to get to the balcony. I moved a few empty shot glasses from where I semi remembered doing body shots with tequila the night before and shuffled my feet back and forth to give myself some clean space. Here, against the concrete half wall that surrounded our terrace and with the wakening skyline of pearly pinks and baby blues, lavender and silvery grey's, I tried not to cry. Here against this backdrop of nature's beauty, surrounded by the dregs of party past I let myself have a moment. Just one moment of feeling sorry for myself and mourning the passing of my twenties. If this was any indication of how my thirties would be - cleaning up after Edward and our kids on my own - I wasn't sure I was ready for it at all.

Before I knew it, my one moment became several minutes, and then the one tear I let fall, became a virtual stream down my cheeks. Silent sobs wracking my chest as I clung onto the scratchy concrete wall like it was the only thing holding me up.

How did I go from happy go lucky, party girl with her whole future ahead of her to married, maid and suddenly thirty? What happened?

"Hey, baby, don't cry." Long arms surrounded me, a warm body pressed against my back as I felt his lips nuzzle my neck. Cinnamon and stale beer filled my senses.

Edward.
"Not now, Edward. Just go to bed." I could have easily skipped out and gone to bed myself leaving him to clean up but I knew there was no way of sleeping now. Falling asleep after this, after the tears would just mean a worse headache when I finally opened my eyes.

"Babe, tell me what's wrong," he said, his warm hands rubbing soothing circles on my bare stomach.

Tell him what was wrong? Tell him that I was second guessing our marriage? That I was angry at him for ruining the one thing I had wanted most on my day? That I was so very pissed at the state of our home because he had the inability to say no?

I couldn't tell him any of that because it would start a fight I didn't want to have right now. So I shook my head and thumbed the tears away from my eyes.

"If you don't tell me what's wrong I can't fix it."

"I don't need you to fix it, Edward. I just . . . never mind. Forget it."

His lips traveled from my neck up to the soft skin behind my ear. His hot breath danced over the shell of my ear as his hands traveled upwards to cup my bra clad breast.

"Happy birthday, baby."

Was he serious? What the fuck was happy about today? I was thirty years only and I had spent the last fourteen years with this guy, and he hadn't changed a bit. He was still that sixteen year old boy who could, at times, be the most selfish asshole on the face of the planet. Fourteen birthdays and he still didn't realize I just wanted to spend them with him cuddled up in bed.

Even with all these thoughts in my head, and the small level of anger that simmered under the surface of my alcohol clogged pores, he could play my body like a fiddle. His finger and thumb pinched on my nipple through the black lace and instantly got a reaction from my traitorous body.

It didn't seem to matter that my brain screamed no, because my body was already aching for more. My head fell back onto his shoulder with a sigh. I hated his ability to do this to me, he knew me so well, he'd explored every inch of me inside and out.

"Edward," I stuttered, trying to regain some control. I needed to be upset with him, it wouldn't last long, it never did, but I needed it.

His lips closed around the fleshy lobe of my ear as I tried to pull away. He sunk his teeth into the flesh briefly before moving just inches to whisper in my ear.

"Let me make you feel good," he uttered, his other hand traveling a slow arduous journey down my abdomen. "Let me make you happy."

The cool morning breeze washed over me as my eyes closed to his touch, the hand that had been traveling lower with his heated breaths and promises of pleasure brushed along the waist of the simple black boy shorts I had stripped down to when I had fallen into bed.

The cool air made the damp tracks of my tears tingle against my skin as the rest of my body flushed with warmth. Damn him.

Damn him and his ability to persuade my body to forgive him when my mind had been so made up.

Edward ran his tongue along the shell of my ear, the stud in his tongue rolling along the flesh there as his hand dipped below the material. I could feel his fingers exploring the curls as my stuttered breath fell from the dried lips of my mouth.

My tongue ran languidly over my bottom lip as his other capable hand tugged on the black lace covering my chest, exposing my breast to the city below. His palm covered the flesh as he squeezed gently.

"Edward," I whispered again, barely audible. It was useless to try and fight this now, not because he wouldn't adhere to my wishes, but simply because I needed this. I needed him to show me how much he loved me.

"Shhh, Bella," he sighed, his teeth sinking into my neck as his fingers slipped between my dampening folds.

My head fell back against his shoulder as my body arched to his touch, the feeling of his body against mine in any capacity seemed to take me over as the anticipation rolled through me.

"I need you, Edward."

"You have me, baby," he mumbled as his fingers finally penetrated me, making my body react with a shudder of unadulterated pleasure. He added another finger as he eased them into my body. His foot tapped my legs further apart as he found his rhythm.

My stuttered breaths turned into moans as his thumb circled on my clit. My hands gripped the patio wall, digging into the concrete as I tried to keep myself upright. His fingers curled and twirled, pushed and fondled, explored and pleasured.

"God, you’re beautiful," he groaned into my neck, sending waves of heated breath dancing across my skin. "I want to taste you."

"Yes," I moaned as my fingers scratched against the concrete once again. My need for my husband grew so much stronger as his pace increased, and all thoughts of my anger dissipated completely. I just wanted him, I needed him.

The hand still massaging my breast moved to my stomach as his torso pushed against my back forcing me to bend over the ledge. I could see the city below moving along as though nothing was happening; and for them, there wasn't. It was my world being moved by the man I loved.

His hand disappeared from between my thighs as he lowered himself to his knees behind me; I rubbed my thighs together for friction as his fingers found the band of my underwear. He eased them over my hips with such reverence, such loving devotion. He stopped the descent waiting for my legs to stop the incessant endeavor for friction before continuing.

He moved them down to my ankles, lifting my legs one by one to release me from their binds. The cool air brushed against my heated sex, stealing my breath and sending a shiver up my spine. It increased tenfold as his hands traced a path up my legs; his thumbs rubbing small circles into the skin as he encouraged my legs further apart.

He knew my body well, well enough to have it react to his touch no matter how small or insignificant it seemed. My body did his bidding without argument; pushing my hips further out so he could reach the one place I needed him the most.

His lips brushed against my thighs as his hand ran down the length of my folds. My moan seemed to hang in the air around me even with the cityscape surrounding us. It taunted me as I waited for his next move; because I knew what he was capable of, I knew what was coming.

His heated breath made my body explode into small quakes of pleasure, my knees seemingly weakening as the promise of what was next loomed on the eminent horizon.

"Edward," I sighed, begging him not to tease me now, not when I needed him as much as I did.

"Yes, my love?" he breathed heavily, sending wave upon wave of ecstasy through my body.

Before I could beg for his mercy, beg for him to do anything at all; I felt the small ball of his tongue ring slide along my folds, dipping between the flesh to tease the tender mound of my clit. All the breath I had stored to plead for him to give me what I wanted fled from my body in one fell swoop. My hips rocked back giving him more leverage; giving his thumb the space it needed to push gently into my heat as the ball in his tongue continued to circle and flick against my body.

"You taste so fucking good," he groaned against me sending waves of vibrations through my body like shots of electricity. It coursed through my veins, slamming into my heart and stealing the breath from my lungs.

It wouldn't take me long to reach climax, to fall over the proverbial edge which practically reflected my view. His fingers replaced his thumb and worked in tandem with his mouth as he threw me over the edge and into oblivion.

I called out as every inch of my body became enamored with the overwhelming feeling of euphoria. The divinity of the feeling seemed to send flames to my limbs as I rocked and shuddered against him.

"That's my baby," he uttered, somewhere between his mouth leaving the confines of my thighs and finding their way to my spine. I was oblivious to everything as my body rode the waves of pleasure. Sweat seemed to pepper my body, making the cool morning breeze seem that much colder against my heated skin. My head fell to my forearms as I tried to catch my breath, tried to keep standing as my knees shook with my weight. "Ah, ah, ah, don't you dare move a muscle. I'm not through with you yet."

I whimpered into the skin of my arm as I heard the gentle sighing of material hitting the ground behind me. This is why I loved this man. He knew how to take care of me when I truly needed it, and today was no exception. Every feeling of frustration and anger had expelled from my body now leaving it with nothing but love and satisfaction.

"How do you want it, Baby? Hard and fast, or soft and slow?" he growled, his teeth nipping at the skin running along my spine.

"Fuck me, Edward."

He squeezed the flesh of my ass roughly before running his dick over my asshole, chuckling when I flinched.

"Not today," he whispered, guiding himself to my heated sex. Instead of pushing in, he ran the tip down my folds and pushed against my clit, rocking on the spot.

"Fuck," I whimpered again.

"We're getting to that," he growled making my heart explode into a canter as it tried to escape my chest. With his free hand gripping my hip, he slammed into me hard. My body reacted to his generous endowment immediately. It twisted and bowed, accommodating his length and girth as he buried himself within me.

The hand that had been on his dick wrapped itself into the soft curls of my hair, pulling my head back so I was looking up into the myriad of colors the dawn was providing. Edward was a gentle lover, but we liked to play, and we like to experiment. He knew that when I asked him to fuck me I wanted it rough and he never disappointed. He knew I wanted him to take control and make me scream his name.

He rocked into me roughly, his hand never loosening in my hair as his pelvic bone dug into my ass. He buried himself in me time and time again making my whole body tighten with pleasure. His hot breath bathed my dampened skin, mingling with the morning air as my eyes scrunched closed with delectation.

He moved like that for a while; my moans turning into yelps of intense rapturous pleasure, his breathing turning into heated pants as he fought for breath. I was so close; my stomach was twisted into a pleasure center as the feeling of him within me seemed to branch out to every pore and follicle in my body.

He was in me, connecting with me on the highest level of intensity, pushing and pulling as the sound of skin on skin filled our small patio area. This was what I had needed this morning; this is why I had been so upset about our time being taken away from us. I wanted him to show me that he loved me and it was about us, like it always was.

His hand dropped my hair and moved to my hips as he picked up his rhythm. My body, so weak from our love making, pushed against the concrete as my body leaned against it. I could see down to the morning traffic below us as his thrusts drove deeper and longer, hitting the one place he knew would make me scream.
I could feel his name bubbling in my chest like a dormant volcano, hours of pressure building up behind it so when it pushed through the barrier it became a scream on my lips. The syllables of his name all elongated as I tried to breathe and call out to him at the same time. It was too much and too little at the same time, my body rolling and crashing in waves of rhapsody.

His hand moved from my hip to cover my mouth as he continued to push into me with force, I knew it was to save us embarrassment in the long run, but the eroticism pushed me through the boundaries and into oblivion.

I could feel him tensing behind me as my body contracted around him. I could hear him chanting Bella, but the fact it was my name seemed to evade me. I was too lost in my own heaven.

Edward collapsed against me, his chest hot on my cool damp back, his breath pushing the strands of my hair across my shoulder making it tickle my neck as it passed. Neither of us could say a word as we tried to collect ourselves. Fatigue seemed to be mingling with the last fading strands of ebullience.

"Bella," he mumbled again as my body complained under his weight. "I love you."

"I love you too," I sighed, pushing off from the wall and turning in his arms so I could see him. "Thank you for my birthday present."

He chuckled quietly as his arms tightened around my waist pulling me against him so my head was on his chest. "There's more to come beautiful. Why don't we head back to bed for round two. You can finish this later."

I took a deep breath in, savoring his scent a little while longer before I released the anger I could feel bubbling to the surface. The fire he thought he was so smooth at extinguishing was about to be unleashed as all of my worries from the morning flooded my very satiated consciousness.
Eruption in five, four, three, two…—

"Edward Anthony Cullen! You are an asshole. You think I WANT to clean up after YOUR friends for a party I NEVER WANTED TO HAVE?" I shouted, my voice so high in pitch I could hear the Walker's dog, Fluffy, responding four floors down. "Clean up yourself dipshit. I'm going to MY bed. ALONE."

I pushed away from his body aware that I was bottomless with one boob hanging over my bra. It didn't make for the most dignified exit, but it sure as hell reminded him what he was missing out on.

"Babe!"

"Don't, Babe me!"
"I was joking, baby. I will clean up, I promise. I wouldn't do that to you on your birthday," he said sidling up behind me again. His hand resting gently on my stomach. "Come on, I know I'm a shit sometimes, but I'm not that bad."

"Edward," I sighed, trying to find the right words to say so he would know just how tired of his immature jokes I really was. Before I could even finish what I wanted to say he spun me in his arms and pressed his lips against mine with such ferocity I almost forgot what I had wanted to say.

Damn him.

"I will clean up, but first, I want to give you your present. After that, I want to make love to you until the sun goes down. THEN, I will clean the apartment while you take a hot bath and get ready to go out to dinner with me."

"But…."

He covered my mouth with his hand, his stupid lopsided grin and permanent sex hair framed beautifully by the morning sun.

"Then I have a surprise for you. Did you honestly believe I would let a birthday like this slip by with nothing planned?"

"What did you do?"
His smirk grew wider as his eyes sparkled with excitement. How he managed to make me feel like the bitch was beyond me; but for the life of me, I couldn't seem to quash the tiny spark of excitement that seemed to spark within me.

"Now go get your hot ass in bed before I throw you over my shoulder and take you there myself."

There was a pause, a beautiful second of glorious silence as I challenged him. Sure, I still had issues that needed to be addressed, and I would tell him how I felt soon enough. For now though, I was going to enjoy my birthday with the man I loved.

"Times up." Edward bent quickly, planting my stomach on his shoulder before straightening out. The world had a perfect view of my ass but I could have cared less as I squealed with delight. I had a feeling this would be a birthday I would remember.

1 comment:

  1. OMG... you made me want to slap Edward and fuck him at the same time! Thank you so much bb <3333

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday Anna!