Monday

Haven by sorceresscirce

A/N: Happy birthday, Anna! I hope you have an amazing day :)

This probably deserves a little explanation...you know I'm a wordy bitch, so to try to contain myself, I asked AHizelm to give me five prompts so I could write drabbles for you. I debated using the Markedboys or someone else who is already formed and has a background, but in the end, two new boys were just dying to get out. I hope you enjoy them!





----------

EPOV

New Orleans

Bodies press close around me, invading my space, making me cringe away. Why I thought it was a good idea to come here is beyond me.

Then again...I really wasn't running to New Orleans. I was running from something.

Him.

I mutter to myself when a woman throws her arms in the air in drunken revelry, knocking my glasses askew. I straighten the thick, black frames and run my fingers through my hair with a grimace.

This is not the place for me.

Spying a coffee shop with darkened windows ahead, I sigh in relief and head toward my haven.

----------
Jazz

The door swings closed, blocking out the laughter and mayhem of the streets. At once, the sound of Billie Holiday’s “Summertime” fills the air, and my eyes drift closed as I stand motionless.

I feel the music in my fingertips, a tingling in my gut, and I remember at once why I chose this place.

The rhythms speak to me, the trumpets a Sirens’ call I was never able to resist.

The glass door bumps into my back, and a deep voice says, “Excuse me,” as I step aside, muttering apologies as my eyes pop open.

I take a seat.

----------
Broken

I order my coffee – black, no frills – and sit back, pulling off my scarf to clean my glasses. When I push them back onto the bridge of my nose, my skin prickles with that feeling of being watched.

I glance to the right. Nothing.

Left… and there he is. Sapphire eyes focus on mine, and I feel my lips part of their own accord.

He is beautiful.

A shock of white-blond hair above a lazy grin. My pulse races as I adjust in my seat, unable to tear my eyes from his.

He smirks and blinks.

The spell is broken.

----------
Bright

The headlights from the cars creeping down the street are blinding, and I squint against the unwelcome light. Two bars and seven drinks after meeting Jasper, and his hand is on my lower back, his body warming mine as he pulls me close.

“What are the chances?” he murmurs, his lips teasing my ear. “Ask to buy a fucking gorgeous man in a coffee shop a drink, and he lets me do this…”

He presses me against the rough brick wall, letting me feel him hard and needy against my thigh. His head tilts, our lips meet, and I’m in heaven.

----------
Heat

His lips blaze against my skin, teeth nipping at my jaw as his hands slip under my shirt. His fingers caress my flesh, tracing sensual patterns as my head falls back and my lips part.

My glasses are fogged from my panting breath, and he pulls my hips to his roughly as his gruff voice whispers, “God, Edward…what is it about you? What are you doing to me?”

I don’t know, but he’s doing it to me, too, and I tell him so.

“Tell me I can see you again,” he says.

“Why does tonight have to end?”

He smiles.

1 comment:

  1. Jeebus woman! So sexy and hot in so few words. You have a gift. Thank you so much for writing this for me.

    xoxo, Anna

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday Anna!